Thin Edge Lead Engineer* for Cumulocity
Location: Düsseldorf (Nordrhein-Westfalen/Germany) prefered or Darmstadt (Hessen/Germany)
For this position you will join our Cumulocity IoT Edge R&D team. Cumulocity is Software AG’s leading Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
• This role provides opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects covering areas including Edge computing, Embedded systems, distributed and fault-tolerant systems, virtualization, containerization, messaging etc.
• Working in a cross-functional Agile team to deliver IoT Edge platform features through the complete development lifecycle from specification through to implementation, deployment and support
• Contribute to envisaging the Edge platform vision and architecture, driving specific aspects from conceptualization, design, development, testing to delivery. Contributing to the evolution of the product architecture, including leading projects to add significant new functionality and improving the performance, scalability and robustness of the Cumulocity IoT Edge platform
• Work with the existing and potential customers in understanding their use cases and provide solutions and recommendations
• Communicating with various functions like sales, presales and championing the cause of the thin edge platform we are developing
• Help in finding the right talent for multiple aspects of the product and ramping up the new hires through training and mentoring
Experience & Qualifications
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Embedded systems background with intimate knowledge of the hardware systems along with strong software development and design expertise in that space
• Experience in programming in native languages like C, C++, Rust, Go etc. on Linux kernel like environments
• Deep understanding of the Linux kernel ecosystem with an emphasis on components like the virtual file system, memory management, OS virtualization, Hardware Security Modules etc.
• Sound knowledge of microcontroller/microprocessor ecosystems such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLCs, etc.
• Background in Industrial IoT use-cases and understanding of Edge computing in the context of the edge devices like routers, gateways, PLCs, etc. and good understanding of the IoT architecture and principles
• Background in networking and messaging systems would be valuable
• Experience of developing, testing and debugging complex multi-threaded software in constrained hardware devices
• Experience in leading the design and development of significant software components in the above areas, in a cross-functional team environment and acting as Scrum Master/Product Owner would be an additional bonus
• Strong experience in building software considering non-functional requirements like security, performance, robustness, etc.
• Experience with virtualizations and containerizations, especially in technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, hardware virtualization (hypervisors) software etc.
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., Python, shell scripts, Perl, Ruby) and understanding of associated technologies (e.g. ansible, helm)
• Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• An opportunity to join a world-class team working in an exciting and rapidly growing domain
• A competitive compensation package including a performance-driven bonus
• A generous benefits package including pension and comprehensive medical insurance
• A great working environment
• Opportunities to travel to Software AG’s offices in Germany and overseas
• Additional benefits include innovation/hack weeks, at least 50 hours of dedicated time each year for learning/training and flexible working hours
Please apply only online. Your application should contain a short cover letter, a curriculum vitae in tabular form as well as your training and work references.
Tanja Topal, Manager HR Recruiting & Onboarding DACH, Phone +49 (0) 681 210 3105
*f/m/d - diversity matters!
Erfahren Sie mehr über die Software AG: www.SoftwareAG.com
Link zum Stellenangebot:
1 Beitrag • Seite 1 von 1