Software AG -- Thin Edge Architect* (Embedded Systems) for Cumulocity
Location: Düsseldorf (Nordrhein-Westfalen/Germany) prefered or Darmstadt (Hessen/Germany)
For this position you will join our Cumulocity IoT Edge R&D team. Cumulocity is Software AG’s leading Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
• This role provides opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects covering areas including Edge computing, Embedded systems, distributed and fault-tolerant systems, virtualization, containerization, messaging etc.
• Provide technical leadership to the IoT Edge R&D team in defining the vision, strategy and architecture of the Cumulocity IoT Edge platforms for both functional/non-functional requirements and defining technical solutions to proposals
• Working in a cross-functional Agile team to develop, drive and deliver IoT platform and mentor the R&D team and participate in deep technical architectural discussions
• Playing a key role in evangelizing Thin Edge platform in various open source forums, events and summits
• With product management, liaise with customers to understand their product needs and help steer product strategy and other internal functions like sales, presales -championing the cause of the thin edge platform
• Contribute and adopt practices such as reuse, defect prevention, process optimization, process automation, productivity enhancement
Experience & Qualification
• Bachelor / Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject with firm understanding of the IoT architecture and principles
• Embedded systems background with intimate knowledge of the hardware systems along with strong software development and design expertise in that space
• Expertise (or the ability to rapidly become an expert) in several key IoT technology spaces including embedded systems, network topologies, transport protocols, messaging systems, stream processing, data management, analytics, security, identity management etc.
• Experience in providing technical direction for architecture, design and development of significant software components from definition phase through implementation and deployment in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience in programming in native languages like C, C++, Rust, Go etc. on Linux environments
• Experience in IT network protocols like MQTT, HTTP, TLS. Experience in industrial protocols like modbus, OPC/UA, Bacnet, KNX and others appreciated
• Deep understanding of the Linux ecosystem with an emphasis on components like the virtual file system, memory management, OS virtualization, Hardware Security Modules etc.
• Sound knowledge of microprocessor ecosystems such as Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, PLCs, etc.
• Background in Industrial IoT use-cases and understanding of Edge computing in the context of the edge devices, standards, protocols, reference architectures, like routers, gateways, PLCs, etc.
• Experience, awareness and active engagement in evangelizing open source platforms in various forums, events and summits. Should have eagerness to be speak and participate in edge computing community especially in IoT
• Experience of developing, testing and debugging complex multi-threaded software in constrained hardware devices
• Strong experience in building software considering non-functional requirements like security, performance, robustness, etc.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization, especially in technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, hardware virtualization (hypervisors) software etc.
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., Python, shell scripts, Perl, Ruby) and understanding/experience of building frameworks using them
• Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team using agile development tools and practices including continuous integration and deployment
• Native speaker of German or very good language skills (spoken and written)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• An opportunity to join a world-class team working in an exciting and rapidly growing domain
• A competitive compensation package including a performance-driven bonus
•A generous benefits package including pension and comprehensive medical insurance
• A great working environment
• Opportunities to travel to Software AG’s offices in the UK and overseas
• Additional benefits include innovation/hack weeks, free fruit (Düsseldorf), at least 50 hours of dedicated time each year for learning/training and flexible working hours
Please apply only online. Your application should contain a short cover letter, a curriculum vitae in tabular form as well as your training and work references.
Tanja Topal, Manager HR Recruiting & Onboarding DACH, Phone +49 (0) 681 210 3105
*f/m/d - diversity matters!
Erfahren Sie mehr über die Software AG: www.SoftwareAG.com
Link zum Stellenangebot:
1 Beitrag • Seite 1 von 1